10 Classy Quotes from Audrey Hepburn

Audrey Hepburn doesn’t need an introduction. Even after years and years of her silver screen brilliance, she still baffles many with her beauty and grace. She is the perfect amalgamation of beauty both outside in.

 Audrey Kathleen Ruston, more famously known as Audrey Hepburn was a British actress, and a humanitarian, born on May 04, 1929 in Belgium.
Audrey Hepburn dazzled on the silver screen and gave us amazing movies such as “The Roman Holiday”, “Sabrina”, “My Fair Lady”, “Mary Poppins”, “Paris When it Sizzles”, “Charade”, and of course, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s.” The “little black dress” is still an iconic dress made by Givenchy. Her beauty combined with her sense of fashion, and the way she carried herself, soon made her a famous public figure. She is one of the 14 people in Hollywood who won an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar, and a Tony Award. It was during her dazzling career that she was picked as the Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF. In recognition of her work, the then US President George W. Bush awarded her the “Presidential Medal of Freedom”..
Hepburn had a rare cancer, appendiceal cancer. Her cancer spread throughout her small intestine that it was impossible to operate and remove it. She was flown, on a flower-filled private jet sent by Givenchy, from Los Angeles to Geneva. It was there in her own home in Tolochenaz, Vaud, Switzerland that she died in her sleep. This was on the evening of 20 January, 1993.
Here are some classy quotes from this talented, beautiful human being that every girl needs to remember.
1. There is more to sex appeal than just measurements. I don’t need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.

2. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.

3. Success is like reaching an important birthday and finding you are exactly the same.

4. If I am honest I have to tell you I still read fairy-tales and I like them best of all.
5. Pick the day. Enjoy it – to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come.. The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present – and I don’t want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.

6. Make-up can only make you look pretty on the outside, but it doesn’t help if you are ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the make-up.


7. People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

8. I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it is the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.


9. I have been lucky. Opportunities don’t come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.

10.I don’t take my life seriously, but I do take what I do in my life seriously.



Unknown

Tinu Menachery is a restless soul. She loves trying new things that don't involve water, as her hydrophobic self is yet to overcome her fear. She loves talking, and can speak for hours together. Drop a mail, if you want her to talk about a particular topic. We all have 'blank mind' days don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think